This one’s not funny

I’m angrier than a utility worker who wasn’t properly protected over this next story.  Sadly, a Spectrum employee died while doing overnight maintenance on a utility pole.  It happened early yesterday morning.  

It seems that the worker was up at the top of the pole via his bucket truck when he came into contact with a power line.  The worker was electrocuted and the truck caught fire.  This is a reminder that there are a lot of people behind the scenes who make our cable and internet services work.

This didn’t have to happen.  However, it’s not known how the worker was able to have that happen to him to begin with.  Did he have the proper safety equipment?  Did he get distracted?  There are so many questions that OSHA will be asking.